Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology—or multiple X-ray technologies—to address each customer’s unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
Job Overview - A Field Service Lead (FS Lead) with Rapiscan | AS&E has the primary responsibility of ensuring the users of Rapiscan | AS&E equipment are satisfied with its performance. This is a senior field level position that will require enhanced troubleshooting and diagnostic skills and the ability to think independently and operate with minimal instruction. This position will also be relied upon to assist FSE I, FSE II & Senior FSE’s with troubleshooting and diagnostic skills, as well as making recommendations to management with regard to system performance, enhancements and general health and safety. This position has additional reporting requirements of system status, to include Uptime Availability, Mean Time to Repair as well as review of Logistics plans in regards to forward stocked parts for correct min/max stocking levels based on parts used history reports to meet contracted Service Level Agreement requirements. It is expected that 70% to 80% of the time will be spent providing field repair and maintenance while the other 20% to 30% will be spent supporting the other FSEs, working with clients and the Billerica office to enhance equipment availability, service revenues, reporting, and supporting Sales and Marketing activities.
This position requires an individual who is able to resolve complex client issues through technical expertise and superior client handling skills. Tasks that will routinely be performed include Emergency Service, Contract Service, New Product Support, Maintenance, Customer Training, in addition to Sales Support. A FS Lead will be expected to train and assist other FSE I’s. FSE II’s & SFSE’s, plus provide corrective action recommendations to Technical Support, Manufacturing and Engineering. Potential for long term overseas deployments / assignments may apply. Other duties as required or directed.
Ability to pass company background checks, and maintain good standing
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.