At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
The Project Manager R&D India is responsible for the execution of projects for new product design and introduction and enhancements to existing products.
This position is responsible for the management of assigned projects from the concept stage, continuing through customer deliveries; and is expected to become expert in the definition and use of the product(s), and the technologies that are used. Position involves analysis of technical tradeoffs and decisions.
This position leads project teams, and is responsible for enforcing best practices within the teams, ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures, compliance requirements; while mentoring and growing the skill set of the team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and GOALS:
• Negotiate schedule, risk, product features and resource trade-offs with project and program teams.
• Manage the development of software and hardware for products.
• Establish all QMS and regulatory requirements for the development project and ensure they are met.
• Demonstrate and teach to engineers Spacelabs processes and good design/test/documentation practices.
• Develop requirements, specifications, schedules, risk analysis, and tradeoff analysis for products.
• Participate in the development of products from project onset through completion, delivery and maintenance phases.
• Build, drive, and support cross functional teams through the development process.
• Act as project management domain expert for other project managers. Will manage multiple, large, and/or critical projects.
• Provide frequent communications and formal project reviews with senior management, program team and others as required.
• Develop and publish metrics and project tracking to measure progress and keep project on-track.
• Ensure contract resources are effectively managed and deliver services and products as promised, and that meet our QMS requirements.
• Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct. Ensure that project team members are trained on and adhere to the Company’s values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
• Manage, evaluate and develop project teams to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities.
• It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
• Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
• B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA / MS in EE/ECE/ME/CS, or similar related degree. Master’s degree is desirable. PMP certification is a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience in related industry and positions – for example, R&D or Test/V&V, or Operations Engineering in capital equipment, medical device, or other regulated industry.
• 2 years’ experience in managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes desired. Strong project management skills and methodologies.
2 years’ experience delivering results through others, both direct and matrixed. Ability to lead, develop, motivate and hold others accountable.
• Solid understanding of the development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management.
• Knowledge of FDA and medical device regulatory and registration requirements.
• Has a track record of encouraging innovation and out-of-box thinking.
• Highly developed relationship-building skills, and strong presentation and communication skills.
• Experience working positively and productively in a team environment. Highly collaborative.
• Proven ability to deliver results through others, both direct and matrixed. Proven ability to build/lead dedicated, passionate teams. Can develop, motivate and hold others accountable.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, for both internal and external audiences, at all levels.
• Knowledge of and ability to work within a global corporate environment is required.
• Advanced Microsoft Office user - Powerpoint, Excel, Visio and Word. Experienced with Microsoft Project software.
• May travel internationally and be able to acquire all necessary travel documents.
• Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with global time zone needs such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet global business needs.